Friday, February 22, 2013

April Birthdays



April 17, 2008

We had 1 day of spring--yesterday! It was a beautiful day. Now today it chilly again but no snow in the forecast--lucky us!! I am now another year older but I do not feel any older!! Thanks to everybody who sent me cards. Pat & Pudge, Kari & family & Mary Beth were here Sun for a nice dinner that Pat had made & we had a birthday cake & everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. Then we lit the candles again & sang to Kari & then once again & sang to Pat. We got a lot of mileage out of that cake!! I have rented out the basement to a young teacher until the end of the school year. She was hired at Pat's school to finish out the year & she needed a place to live, as she lives in Menomonie, Wis. I agreed as I knew it was not permanent. Pat & Pudge are getting a new roof put on their house. There are about 8 guys over there working on it. Denny was here this a.m. with plans for an addition to his house. He is going to add a 2nd story & have 2 bedrooms, bath & laundry room up there. He is retired now & enjoys retirement. Don't we all?? Pat will retire this year & that will be different for her. I enjoy reading everyone's blogs. I check them every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment