Monday, February 25, 2013

General News

 

December 1, 2007
I thought I had posted another blog on Thurs., but Donna told me that there was no new one--so I checked & it was in "draft." I could not figure out how to get it posted then, so here is a new one. Hopefully I will do this right!
I wrote that we had a wonderful Thanksgiving & that I was getting tired of leftovers. I made a really good turkey soup & that is the end!!
I have made a couple of batches of scones this past week to use up the heavy whipping cream that we did not use. Pat gave me some dried cranberries that I put in one batch with some orange zest – they were really good. I have frozen most of them.


Barb Hulback came yesterday to sell her craft stuff at a sale at St. Andrews church. She was there yesterday from 4pm to 8pm & today from 8:30 am to 1pm. She made a little over $100 yesterday & she isn't back yet today. I guess she will be staying here again tonight because of the snow coming down heavy for the past couple of hours. She lives by Menominee, Wisc--about 1 & 1/2 hour drive. She has 2 daughters that live here in Willernie but neither one has extra room so she sleeps here. She makes the BEST fudge, so I got the ingredients & she made a batch for me last night. I intend to give it for Christmas presents--after I give it a taste test!!

Pudge brought over the golf cart & it is now in the garage for the winter. He also checked the snow blowers which is a good thing with the snow falling today. HAPPY WINTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment