Monday, February 25, 2013

Aunt Liz's Blog

 



September 15, 2007



Aunt Liz wrote this: Now that I have a blog again I had better write something! It was cold here last night & there was a frost warning so I covered the tomato plants. Everything was fine this a.m. I was trying to hold out on turning on the heat, but this morning got me. It was 60* in here & that was too chilly for me, so on came the heat!! & it feels good. I suppose in a couple of days will have the AC on again--so what does a guy expect? This is Minnesota!




I love the pictures of baby 'Reila. She is just precious. Sarah, you are doing so good. Amazing how ideas change about babies. When Wayne was born in 1943, I had to stay in the hospital for 9 days & wasn't allowed to get out of bed for 3 days & then just to sit in a chair for about an hour! It was better in 1946 when Pat was born--only 6 days in the hospital!! Of course the doctors finally came to the idea that wasn't so good. They should have known—the pioneer women had their babies in the wee morning hours & then got up & made a meal for the family!! I think now we have hit a happy medium.


Love to all. Keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment