Friday, February 22, 2013

Aunt Liz and the Patty Wagon

September 2, 2008

I have enjoyed looking at all the pix that everyone sent of our cruise. I just got hi-speed Internet on Sun. through Comcast. I did not know they worked on Sun, but they did. I am just trying to get used to it--I think I will keep my Yahoo email address as I am used to that & everyone has it.

Pat & Pudge were gone for the weekend. They went to Hayward Wis. to Jim & Gloria's cabin & then they went to Chicago-I think on Mon. So it was pretty quiet around here until yesterday afternoon. I went for a ride on the Patty wagon (golf cart).  Went to Pat's house to check on the tomato plants and then I went to the Roman Market restaurant to get a sandwich, but they were closed, so I headed for home. As I was coming down Warner Road, I heard sirens, so I pulled over & the ambulance & 2 police cars went by. They turned onto the same road I was going to turn on, so I took off & when I came to the top of Faversham Rd, I saw the ambulance in my driveway. I hurried down & my garage door was open & rescue squad & police were coming out the door!! I said "What is going on?" & the police said they were looking for the resident. I told them I was the "resident." They told me my emergency signal from Life Alert had gone off! I have no idea how that happened but I must have leaned on it somehow. They then called my responders. #1 is Pudge & they got him in Chicago (their home calls go to his cell phone). I imagine they called Denny, #2, & Barb Parent, #3. But they were not home so at that point they called the rescue squad. The police woman told me they had searched the whole house. I think they were glad when I came tooling up on the golf cart!! I stayed outside for awhile talking to a neighbor & in the meantime Pudge had called Kari to see if they had been to my house that day. When I got into the house, Kari was calling me, so I called Pat & Pudge to tell them what had happened. While I was talking to them, Gemma came rushing in & was happy to see I was OK. Pudge had called her to find out what was going on!! Enough excitement for one day!! & for one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment